Monday, September 14, 2009

Tears and raindrops mix at 9/11 ceremonies



Eight years ago on the very exact day of September 11, 2001, America was victim to a hellacious attack on the World Trade Center and The Pentagon. A terrorist plane, Flight 93 was caught off course and eventually propelled itself into hitting the World Trade Tower. Not only did this cause the death of multiple people in the plane, but it resulted in the dealth of roughly three thousand people that were in the World Trade Towers when they came crashing to the ground. Eight years later to this day people reunite to celebrate, grief, and just overally be with the loved ones that they lost and to help comfort those who have had it harder than others. Thousands of volunteers gathered weeks after the crash to help New York with charity, clean up, and medical issues, they also gathered eight years later to repeat the process and help out amongst the community.

I think back at 9/11 and wonder, how can something that is so big be seem so long ago to me? Then I think, it was around the time that I was in fourth grade. Things happened on t.v. back then such as the deaths of major people of the world, maybe a bombing or a shooting and I did not think anything of it. I was young and just wanted to play. Now as a senior I realize the serious nature of what happened on 9/11. It was a national changing event that will leave America forever changed. Just think, If I would have gone on vacation to New York that summer, and my parents would have wanted to go into the World Trade Center, I may not have been here today to write this. I think that all of the people that lost their lives are kind of unexpected tragedies, but then you can never predict when you are going to die so I cannot get to mad at anyone for what happened. I think that having a Ground Zero memorial would be a great way to grieve. People should be a loud back at the site to not only understand what happened but to feel the effects that it left here. I think we as Americans need to be more sympathetic about things such as this, in school I walked through the day expecting to see someone flash an eye for 9/11, not one of my teachers or fellow class mates mentioned anything. It brought a tear to my eye thinking that something so sinical could go unheard of like it never existed. I feel that the students and staff of schools and places a like should be able to talk about these things without having an invisable fear of shame on our backs.

No comments:

Post a Comment